According to the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996, section 652, international matchmaking organizations must provide you the following information:

1) The international matchmaking organization business is unregulated. This means that there are no government regulations that tell this kind of business how it should operate.

2) Fiance(e) (K-1) visas. If your fiance(e) is not a citizen of the United States and you plan to get married in the United States, then you must file a petition with USCIS on behalf of your fiance(e). After the petition is approved, your fiance(e) must obtain a visa issued at a U.S. Embassy or consulate abroad. The marriage must take place within 90 days of your fiance(e) entering the United States. If the marriage does not take place within 90 days or your fiance(e) marries someone other than you (the U.S. citizen filing USCIS Form I-129F - Petition for Alien Fiance), your fiance(e) will be required to leave the United States. Until the marriage takes place, your fiance(e) is considered a nonimmigrant. A nonimmigrant is a foreign national seeking to temporarily enter the United States for a specific purpose. A fiance(e) may not obtain an extension of the 90-day original nonimmigrant admission.

3) The US government has substantial penalties for marriage fraud. This means that you must be sincere in your desire to marry an American and not only because you want to live in America. If the U.S. government finds that you married an American only so that you can come to America there are penalties.

4) If your fiance(e) intends to live and work permanently in the United States, your fiance(e) should apply to become a permanent resident after your marriage. (If your fiance(e) does not intend to become a permanent resident after your marriage, your fiance(e)/new spouse must leave the country within the 90-day original nonimmigrant admission.). Please note, your fiance(e) will initially receive conditional permanent residence status for two years. Conditional permanent residency is granted when the marriage creating the relationship is less than two years old at the time of adjustment to permanent residence status.

5) The US government has laws that protect foreign spouses who are abused. This means that if you marry an American and you are abused you should contact someone to help you.

6) Applicants should be aware that a visa does not guarantee entry into the United States. The visa allows a foreign citizen coming from abroad, to travel to the United States port-of entry and request permission to enter the U.S. The Department of Homeland Security's, Bureau of Transportation Security has authority to permit or deny admission to the United States. Also, the period for which the bearer of a visitor visa is authorized to remain in the U.S. is determined by a U.S. immigration officer of the Bureau of Transportation Security, not the consular officer. At the port of entry (an international airport, seaport or land border crossing), a Bureau of Transportation Security, a U.S. immigration official must determine whether you can enter and how long you can stay here, on any particular visit. If you are allowed to enter, the U.S. immigration official authorize the traveler's admission to the U.S.

7) All applicants for immigrant visas must fulfill the vaccination requirements of Section 212(a)(l)(A)(ii) of the Immigration and Nationality Act before an immigrant visa can be issued. An applicant must show proof of having received vaccination against certain vaccine-preventable diseases.

8) Entered the U.S. you are not permitted to leave the country even for short-term visits to Mexico or Canada without supplying an application for temporary departure. Otherwise, you may face problems re-entering the United States.

Background check and marital history information concerning Washington, Hawaii, Texas state residents, or any resident of the U.S., is available upon request from women contemplating serious relationships with such residents. For more information please contact Asian Singles at 1+(602) 553-8178.

Resources for Domestic Violence (English)

Finding your special someone is an exciting process, one that can change your life forever. The majority of our couples build strong families and live happy and healthy lives. However, there is always a possibility that you may experience some type of domestic violence. Even if you were to marry someone from your own country, there is always a chance of spousal abuse. We recommend that if you are serious about marrying anyone, no matter where he lives, you should know as much about him as possible, including his prior marital history, and criminal history, in any, especially any problems relating to spousal abuse. The choice is yours to make, but the more information you have the better chance you have of making the right choice.

Asian Singles will be glad to assist you in obtaining martial and criminal information about any of our clients you are seriously interested in. Simply E-mail us at john@wwdl.net or contact any of our foreign offices with your request.

If you do come to the United States and ever find yourself in a Domestic Violence situation, there are a number of resources available to you. We have listed a few of those resources below; please call them if you are ever in need of their help.

Resources for Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Prevention Hotline
800-540-5433 (24-hour hotline)

National Domestic Violence Hotline
800-799-SAFE (7233) (24-hour hotline; English & Spanish spoken)
800-787-3224 (TDD - deaf callers only)

National Domestic Violence Coalition
P.O. Box 18749
Denver, CO 80218-0749

I have read and understand this document